Mohammad Hafeez said in an interview that “It is great news for me & a great moment because I have always desired to contribute to the team as a bowler & batsman”. Experienced all-rounder, Mohammad Hafeez could be a new addition to Pakistan’s Test side for the Australia tour after the ICC on Wednesday cleared his bowling action. Muhammad also said that “It is great news for me and a big moment because I have always wanted to provide benefit to the team as a bowler and batsman. Hafeez experienced a reassessment test of his bowling action at the National Cricket Centre in Brisbane Australia on November 17th, 2016 where it was declared that the amount of elbow extension for his off-spin deliveries was within the Fifteen degree level of tolerance allowed under the ICC regulations for the review of bowlers reported with presumed illegal bowling actions. The ICC in its released statement also made it clear that the umpires have still a power to report Hafeez if they believe he is displaying a suspect action & not following the legal action from the reassessment. Muhammad Hafeez was banned from bowling in international cricket for twelve months in June 2015, has been cleared for his bowling action earlier in April, 2015 but was reported again during the Galle Test against Sri Lanka team in June, 2015.
Then the national selectors ignored Hafeez for the home series against the West Indies in the UAE & then also for the tour to New Zealand and Australia tour. But strong sources confirmed that under an understanding between the national selectors & test captain Misbah-ul-Haq, they had an agreement that if Hafeez was allowed to bowl again by the ICC he would be considered as a late addition to the touring squad for Australia tour.